Friday, December 17, 2010

So Far, So Good

Rowdy was scheduled to be in the OR for four hours, but it was only three hours after they took him back to surgery that Dr. Mario called me with good news.  Everything went very well.  R had very little scarring in his abdomen, which is a total blessing given the inflammation a few months ago.  The anastomosis, or re-attaching, of his small intestine went perfectly.

R hadn't been in recovery long when I saw him.  He still had that "OR" smell.  It's hard to describe...kind of dusty, kind of spirit-gum-ish.  He tried to open his eyes when I kissed him, but will still be out of it for a couple of hours.  I whispered to him that everything went well, that he needed to just relax and be happy now, and that I loved him.  I gave him extra kisses from his mom.

He's not 100% out of the woods yet, but it is an enormous relief to have this surgery over.


My upper back hurts.  Maybe it's just the readjustment from having the weight of the world off of them.  But really, the burden has been lifted the entire last three months.  Not to say that it hasn't been super-hard at times, but it was nowhere near as tough as I thought it would be. 
 
I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's love and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Christmas is about the birth of our Savior, but also how that birth made possible his life, the Atonement and the resurrection.  And that's what it's all about, folks.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Glad to hear the good news!

Laurie said...

THis is such good news!!! Also love your dad's letter to you about the run! I love those letters. REminds me I need to write more letters to my kids even though they are young...I think they'd still appreciate to read them, definitely more than they enjoy hearing me scream at them... lol!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Yay!!! seriously yesterday and the whole khardashian thing made me laugh and be grateful for our good friendship.

Steph said...

So thankful everything went well. What a blessing that couldn't have come at a better time!

...you should go get a massage for that upper back now!

My Rad Life!