Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Summation

I bore my testimony in church today.  It is very annoying to me that the Spirit causes me to feel nauseated and weak kneed and to cry.  Those things make it hard to walk up to the pulpit and then say something intelligible.  I think I should feel strong and clear-eyed and clear-voiced instead.

This was a call week for me.  I was at work for almost seven  hours yesterday and an hour and a half today.  The extra money is good, but I felt like I was beaten repeatedly by a big stick yesterday when all was said and done.  On top of that, I had to run for 70 minutes yesterday as part of my half-marathon training.  So, yeah, it was:  run 70 minutes, change, work non-stop, grocery shop, cook dinner, clean up, put away laundry.  I was completely done by eight o'clock.

Rowdy and I are getting better at changing his ostomy appliance (makes it sound like a mixer or blender or something).  We were able to do it today with little muss or fuss.  Our last attempt, on Thursday, was such an ordeal.  We're just getting more used to it, I think.  His midline wound is looking a lot better, too.

Jordan will be here for a week-long visit, starting tomorrow.  Everyone is looking forward to seeing her.  I want to hear all of her stories about university life.

Retail therapy is looking pretty good right about now.  I do need some new, black pumps.  I would like some taupe suede pumps, too.  My SIL, Tory, recommended strongly that I buy myself some expensive jeans that will fit just right and last forever.

My favorite MotoGP racer won at Sepang today.  It made me nostalgic for the trip that Rowd and I took last year, where we saw Vale win the World Championship and got to meet several riders.  That was a great trip all around.

No comments:

My Rad Life!