Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blergh

After a poor night's sleep, I woke early to run with my team.  We were running out at Harbor Island, which is a new route for me.  I was so excited, so when I started to have an earache and nausea I figured that I should just keep going.  You know how, when you're a kid and you feel ill before school, sometimes just getting up and getting out there makes you feel better?

Yeah, no.  By the time I got out to Spanish Landing (it's out by the airport and next to Harbor Island), I thought I was going to puke and my brains were going to blow out of my ear.  So I turned around and went home.  Since I really can't just let stuff like this slide, I made an appointment with Urgent Care and was seen in just a couple of hours.

My mom reminded me of how she would warm a washcloth in the oven and have me lie with my infected ear on it when I was little.  I think that I will heat up the corn bag in the microwave and lay my head on it.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Ugh. I have an earache right now, too. How random. I'll try the warm washcloth trick.

Jen said...

Your ear drum didn't burst or anything did it? I hope it feels better soon!

tenacious d said...

My eardrum is hanging in there. I'm a baby when it comes to pain in my teeth or ears.

My Rad Life!