Sunday, October 24, 2010

Inside, I'm Still Six Years Old

aka "Really, lady?"

Today, I received a message on FB sent by a relative of someone who I am not FB friends with but who is linked to me through other avenues.  The person scolded me for a comment I made expressing my feelings about an event I had just witnessed.

Thin skin?  Yes, that's me alright.  I do not have good coping methods when I feel like I've been yelled at or disapproved of or disliked.  It would be nice just to say, "Okay.  Thanks for your opinion and input," or say nothing at all and just continue along my way.  I find it very hard to change the response pattern of a lifetime.

You'd think that my sensitivity would lead me to be more sensitive to others, but I don't think that's the case.  I don't like to hear other people being berated, but do I stand up for others as much as I should?  Hmmm....

I'm thinking, more spine, less raw nerves.  Better, more-refined behavior on my part will also lead to less scolding.

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

the person was totally out of their rights.

i nicely told them to pound sand up their.....

but yeah, caring less about what strangers think will save you a lot of grief in the long run.

Jen said...

go get 'em Rowdy.

My Rad Life!