Saturday, June 26, 2010

Techmology


Pulse monitor--check. GPS--check. Beeper and iPhone--check. iPod--check.

The reasons for this ridiculousness?

Well, the beeper and phone are because I'm on call. There being a full moon and all, I have gotten calls this week while on a bike ride, during Stake Primary presidency meeting (three times!) and during my walk/run this morning.

The iPod is for listening to the Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me podcast while I am walk/running. Podcasts are my favorite listening when I am working out by myself. They're even more helpful than music.

And lastly, I have been frustrated with my lack of weight/body fat loss during the past two and a half months of boot camp. I am getting stronger (welcome to the gun show), and I do feel like I have more endurance, but I think that part of the problem is that I'm working in my anaerobic zone--not the place where my body is burning fat.
So the pulse monitor was to keep things in the 60% of max heart rate range. I know that there are Garmins that have pulse monitors in them, but I don't want to spend the money for that when I already have a Polar monitor. So, okay, I look dorky for now while I'm figuring out what each range feels like.

1 comment:

Steph said...

You are too funny!

My Rad Life!