Saturday, June 26, 2010

Gooooooooooal! Update


(Not a soccer/futbol-related post.)

There were three things that stymied me as far as keeping my "at least 30-minutes of cardio" goal: my period, being on call and being exhausted. The exhaustion I think is a combination of lots of very hard workouts and my physiologic state. Frankly, if I'm on call, I really don't want to be barely dragging myself around to begin with. But, every day is a new one to try to do my best.

However, I've been 100% on reading the scriptures every day and reading a journal article every day, so that's something.

The healthy snacks goal has been achieved only about 50% of the time. My major accomplishment was packing healthy snacks for my overnight shift and sticking to them, not going to the doctors' lounge and getting cookies. I did eat peppermint ice cream over the weekend and at the beginning of this week. The only thing I can say in defense of that is that it was low-fat ice cream. Lame, I know.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

I say throw away the guilt related to ice cream. if you didn't over do it, it's no big deal! and you're doing so great on everything else!!

My Rad Life!