Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fitness Challenge

A friend of a friend started a fitness challenge last Monday. There are many cool things about this challenge, but I did not formally join because, frankly, I did not want to give up my Diet Coke. Why put money into something that I know I wouldn't win? I'm just not that philanthropic right now.

The challenge has inspired me to make some goals of my own. My fitness goal for last week was to do 30 minutes of cardio every day, in addition to boot camp. There were days that I didn't think it would be possible to work that into everything else I had to do, but I was able to at least do a 30 minute walk every day. I even did a 15 mile bike ride on Saturday.

Another goal was to read the scriptures every day, which is something I'm entirely hit-and-miss with. I'm reading Isaiah, which is tough going, but I'm doing it.

The goals for this coming week are to keep up on last week's goals and add:

1) Read at least one journal article every day. I have enough publications stacked on my desk at work to keep that going indefinitely.
2) Do two self-assessment modules at work during the week.
3) Improve my nutrition. I'm working out enough that I need to have healthy snacks throughout the day so that I'm not making poor choices at mealtimes.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

nice job this week! I'm impressed with your work schedule that you have time for all of that... cardio, bootcamp, scriptures, journal reading and extra bike rides! if you can fit it all in, I have no excuses! good luck this next week.

Jen said...

that sounds too hard. are you super woman? i've figured it out haven't i? i won't tell.

I follow your lead and at 30 mins of cardio this week....you're my witness to having written my goal down.

My Rad Life!