Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lovely Day

For my birthday this year, Rowdy arranged for me to have a spa day at The Lodge at Torrey Pines.

I started with an 80 minute massage, followed by a much-needed eyebrow wax and facial. Then I had two hours until a mani/pedi. The lodge is at the edge of Torrey Pines State Park, so I went for a short run into the park. The weather was perfect--a little overcast, not too hot, not too breezy. And then I played in the pool at the lodge and ate lunch.

It was almost completely perfect to sit by the pool, eating a delicious salade nicoise and drinking a Diet Coke. The only thing missing was my sweetie.

After the mani/pedi, I came home and changed, for we were off to SKYSHOW!!! Every year, SDSU has a big fireworks show after their first home game. I love fireworks, and this was the best show I've ever experienced--better even than watching the SeaWorld fireworks from Fiesta Island.

(See Rowdy's blog for photos.)

4 comments:

Amberly said...

it sounds heavenly! what a fantastic way to celebrate a brand new year, happy birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! And, what a great gift!

Ashley said...

Yeah happy birthday!

Steph said...

Happy Belated, Diane! You deserved it!

My Rad Life!