Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Domesticity


Rowdy commented today on how my natural womanly instincts for domesticity, mothering and making home more spiritual have kicked in lately.

I'm cooking a full-on dinner almost every night, because it's easier to cook for three than for two, I want K to have a healthy diet, and both K and R appreciate my cooking.

For example, K suggested we have pulled pork sliders one night. So, K and I made homemade rolls (using the awesome recipe from The I Do Cookbook for the Bride and Groom) when he got home from school today, and I cooked a pork roast in the crock pot all day.

Delicious, easy and I taught my teenage son how to make rolls in the process.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Can we come for dinner? Would it also be easier to cook for 8 than for 3?

Rowdy said...

I've been impressed. And thankful.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. That looks SO GOOD!!

Lezlie said...

Who wouldn't be impressed? Good for you.

Steph said...

That looks soooo tasty!

And btw, have you ever read "These Is My Words" ??Just noticed your bookshelf to the right...

My Rad Life!