Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

True to form, I had my mom's present planned out weeks ago, bought the materials on Monday, made the object on Wednesday and mailed it yesterday. So I can't post it, because she's not going to get it until Thursday and I want her to be surprised. But it's cute (I think).

R said last week, "I know what I want to get you for Mother's Day, but it's not a "typical Mother's Day" present."

"That's fine, because I'm not a typical mother," I replied.

I did get flowers for outside and cupcakes, and breakfast brought to me on the couch, which are fairly-typical.


But my somewhat non-traditional present was...being a dolphin trainer for a day at Sea World!! YAAAAYYYY!!! I think I'm scheduled for next Saturday.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun!

Julie said...

Okay. That atypical present is awesome. I've always wanted to do that (or swim with the whales). I want to hear all about it! Have fun.

Dayna said...

You are going to love it! I hope that you get to work with Bugs - she was the sweetest little dolphin ever!

Tory said...

That will be so fun for you! Plus, don't you think Rowdy makes the best cards?

tenacious d said...

Yes. Yes he does. And wrapping paper.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! That is sooo cool!! Lucky!

Steph said...

Oh My Word D! What a great gift-giver you married!!!!!!!! And SRSLY, I agree with Rowdy's card :) Love ya!

My Rad Life!