Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Year to Be Grateful


One year ago today, my sweetie left the hospital after a two-week stay. He's been so healthy over the last year. Remicade, which truthfully has some long-term downsides, has been the drug that has finally worked for him. No down days (at least physically), no prolonged diet of Ensure. He resumed Brazilian jiujitsu a couple of months later, after seven years away. Six months to the day after he left the hospital, he was awarded his blue belt. (Jiujitsu, unlike some other martial arts, requires a fairly long arc from belt to belt.) This weekend, he's competing in a jiujitsu tournament.




This year hasn't been without its struggles. His employment isn't what it needs to be, and the goal of becoming a physician's assistant has had some roadblocks placed in the way. We're really not any closer to moving to Utah to be nearer the kids than we were a year ago. But I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. I know he listens to our prayers and blesses us. Sometimes it's not in the way we've planned, but I've had enough experience to know that His way is far better than the way I think things should go.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Amen to that, sista! The Lord does provide! And congrats to your hunk of a hubby for all of his accomplishments!! Isn't it nice to know that people like him and Luke are on OUR side? :)

Lezlie said...

Dang...I was already planning to say "AMEN" when Steph beat me to it! I know the Lord has great things in store for your family. He just has his own time frame. Love and pray for you daily.

My Rad Life!