Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Western Adventure Part 1


Rowdy and I started our adventure in Salt Lake, visiting Jordo, Kilo and Max-o as well as Terry. I had been looking so forward to relaxing by the pool in the sun. Unfortunately, Saturday dawned grey and chilly. The weather cleared enough by the afternoon and early evening, and we were able to enjoy the pool for several hours.



We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie in the afternoon. I have to say that I enjoyed it more than Iron Man. I think that one of the best touches was Karen Allen reprising her role as Marion Ravenwood, looking every bit of 50+, but still fantastic. Shia LeBoeuf even managed to turn his trademark, "Nononononono," into "Gogogogogo" or "Mommommommommom."

We stopped by Harmon's for the obligatory loading-up on Nalley's Thick Chili. We ended up paying an extra $70 when all was said and done to bring it home. But such is Rowdy's love of Nalley's chili, and it is not sold in San Diego stores.



Early on Monday morning, Rowdy, Terry and I set off for Cheyenne, Wyoming. The poor-weather theme continued, with rain our entire 6.5 hour trip. Even more exciting was the thick fog between Laramie and Cheyenne with less than 1/4 tank of gas. We made it safe and sound, however.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Utah just doesn't guarantee sunny weather in June, does it? Anyway, I'm glad you caught a movie and got to see the kids. I can't wait to hear the next segment of your adventure.

nyclizzie said...

Has to be an unhealthy obsession! Especially for +$70.

Rowdy said...

It is cheaper than coke.

My Rad Life!