Monday, June 9, 2008

Western Adventure--Hill Country Edition

WARNING! YOU WILL BECOME INCREDIBLY HUNGRY WHILE READING THIS POST!

We ended our trip in Austin, TX, with my mom and dad and sister, Dayna. Any trip to Mom and Dad's includes great food. We had sandwiches at Texas French Bread. Try the chicken salad. Dinner out the first night was at Eastside Cafe. They have their own garden, so the ingredients are amazingly fresh and flavorful. Their chicken, artichoke and mushroom soup is to die for! My mom bought me their soup cookbook, so I can try to reproduce it at home.

We spent time on Saturday in Fredricksburg, just walking through the shops. The Texas Hill Country is quite picturesque. We drove through what seemed like quite a bit of it on our way to a fantastic trattoria.



About 25 miles outside of Austin is Trattoria Lisina.

Yum, yum, yum!!!


Look at these happy faces!
You must go there and to Eastside Cafe. Take my car.

6 comments:

Asenath said...

looks delicious!!

nyclizzie said...

Wow, you two really get around! Looks dreamy eating all that yummy food! Don't let Evan see this post, he desperately wants to move to AUSTIN! I guess it's not all bad. ;-)

tenacious d said...

Lizzie, Austin really is pretty cool. There's the great food and music scene to recommend it. The worst thing is that it gets hot and humid in the summer.

Rowdy said...

I like hot and humid. The rest of TExas I wouldn't touch, but Austin is good.

Amberly said...

oh how I wish you were closer to make soup for me!

nyclizzie said...

We're NOT moving to Austin. Maybe Winnemucca, but not AUSTIN! hahaha

My Rad Life!