Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Dreaded Complication

Things are not going so well with Rowdy at the hospital. For one thing, he's now on day 4 without eating. He tried clears yesterday and vomited. Today his bowel sounds were very diminished. His doctors have now decided that he'll just be in the hospital for as long as it takes, whether that's a few days, another week, or whatever. He's going to get a PICC line today, which is basically a long IV that can stay in for weeks, so he can get TPN (or total parenteral nutrition) to get his nutritional status up to par.

Oh, and there's another complication. Yes, it's the dreaded tentacalis brachialis, Nemo Disease or



SQUID ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I checked in today hoping for some good news... Hang in there you guys.

Amberly said...

what a bummer! get that boy healthy! you've been added to the prayer list around here... keep us posted!

Janette Rallison said...

Dang! I still remember the pic line and it was not much fun. Still, I'm glad to see that he's retained his sense of humor.

I'll call the Mesa Temple and put him on the prayer roll. Hope things get better soon!

tenacious d said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers! Janette, I had forgotten what a time you had with your pregnancies. Thanks for putting him on the prayer roll. I'm renewing his name on the SD roll, too.

My Rad Life!