Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekend Feet

Here are some of the places my feet have taken me so far this weekend: 

To the movies:
  • Headhunter, a Norwegian crime thriller.  There were some glaring plot holes, but all-in-all, it was a good movie.  There was some gore and some Scandinavian nudity, but the story was cleverly told, and the scenery only made us more excited for our upcoming trip.  Placing bets now on how long it will take for someone to make an English version.  Rowdy thinks that Justin Timberlake will play the lead.
  • The Avengers!  I enjoyed it.  The story did drag during, of all things, the final battle.  But overall, it was well done.  Tony Stark gets the best lines.  If you see the movie, you absolutely must stay all the way to the very, very, very end of the credits.  Totally worth it.
On my first bike ride of any distance in months.  I have always wondered where the Rose Canyon Bike Trail goes.  And now I know.

Out to dinner with my sweetheart.  We had Greek food at a little cafe in Hillcrest.  It hit the spot.  Then we bought candy before going to the movies.  I never thought I'd like gummy Coke bottles, but I really do.

To the nail salon for the first time in probably three months.  The nail lady kept trying to get me to add things on.  "I do hair, too.  Want me to do your hair for you?"  No, thanks.  I have a hairdresser that I really like.  "You have someone who does your eyebrows?  Want me to do your eyebrows today?"  No, thanks.  I go to someone in Mission Valley.  I have an appointment with her on Tuesday.  "Want a flower (painted on your toes)?"  No, thanks.  I don't like those.  That's not really me.  Gee, was I ever a disappointing client for her.

To REI to spend our dividend. I've always wanted a Patagonia down sweater, and now I have one.  Perfect for those Norwegian nights and easy to keep packed away while we're in the Holy Land.

To a marvelous experience in the temple with my guys.  Keiler had never done more than baptisms at the San Diego Temple, and we were able to do an endowment session and several sealings--en Espanol.  It was sweet.

No comments:

My Rad Life!