Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trending



Two recent New York Times articles made me smile...and also feel a little bit of a trend-oid.

The first was about getting longer, thicker eyelashes.  I have been using Grandelash MD for about six months or so now, and it totally works.  It works so well that people comment on my eyelashes.  Well, not Rowdy, because he doesn't really care about lashes, but other women notice and comment on them.  Which is totally nice after having short, straight eyelashes my whole life.

Today's article was about "Skate Geezers"--40-somethings who are skateboarding, particularly longboarding.  I finally learned to skateboard sometime last month or so, and Rowdy is totally into it, too.  I am never going to go to the skate park, but it's fun to board along the sidewalk at Mission Bay.  The article is titled, "Skateboarding Past a Midlife Crisis".  Am I having a midlife crisis with the bass playing and the skateboarding and stuff?

Well, given that my maternal grandmother lived to be 99 and her mom lived to be in her 90's, and I'm now 47, it is possible that I am in the exact middle of my life.  But...crisis?  What I think is that I am finally able to do things that I've always wanted to be able to do.  I have the time, finances, fitness and milleu to do these super-fun things.  So, why not?

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

do them all!!

Unknown said...

Well, if this is your mid-life crisis, live it up! It's better than buying a ridiculous car or breaking down and turning into a lonely jerk by turning on your family and friends. I'm hoping that by the time I'm 47 I can play bass and still skateboard. You're pretty much my hero. :)

My Rad Life!