Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random Thoughts

 I totally could relate to The Silly Witch when she posted the other day that she had lots of things on her mind, but didn't really have time to write about them.  I, too, compose very cogent, intelligent blog posts in my mind, but I never get around to writing them.  Things don't always translate well from my brain to the screen, anyway.  But here are some snippets of things that I have thought recently:

Al Qaeda:  becoming irrelevant.  Hooray for grass-roots uprisings, fighting for a more-democratic system.

BYU:  Thanks for standing up for what is right.  Having integrity is more important than going to the Final Four.  But it would be cool if they still went to the big dance.  At least they whomped on the Aztecs twice.

"Mormon Mommy Blogs":  There recently was a piece on salon.com about how a feminist writer was obsessed with blogs written by young, LDS mothers.   I think that the joy and peace that people feel shines through, and that's why people are drawn to those blogs.  We don't all have adorably-decorated homes, and our families don't all look like they belong in a Martha Stewart magazine, and our lives aren't totally easy.  I mean, look at NieNie.  Hello--burned over 80% of her body!  But even when she has posted about being depressed or in pain or her kids were being kinda bratty, her testimony of the gospel shines through. I see that in my friends' blogs and those that I "blog-stalk". Three of my favorite blogs to stalk:  Erin Hayes' Booferd, Tara Lynn Bordrero's and Mallory Hansen's Living Here, Dreaming of There.  They aren't "Mormon Mommy Blogs" (only Erin is a mom), but I am always uplifted by them.

Gas Prices:  $4.15/gallon for supreme means that there will be more scootering, walking and bike riding in my future. Good thing I like to walk, scooter and ride my bike.

Oscars Telecast:  My expectations were quite low, so I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't suck as much as it could have.  Jennifer Hudson's dress would have really been spectacular if her boobs hadn't been squooshed like they were.

Mary Kay Timewise Skin Care:  I really like this skin care line.  Buy it online from Linda Nielsen!  For orders greater than $40, you get a free hand care kit.  I love how smooth and soft it makes my hands.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Love the thoughts. Agree with so many, if not all! Miss you, D!

Laurie said...

funny you mention the Mormon Mommy Blogs. At our evening session of Stake Conference it was all on technology and the way the church is using it and one "mormon blogger" was our speaker and talked about that article on Salon. I wish I had time to dig into all these blogs. As you can tell it's hard enough for me to squeeze in my friends but I always love coming to yours because I can always count on updates!!! Glad things are going well for you guys!!!

My Rad Life!