Monday, March 14, 2011

Great Achievements

Last week, my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary.  Mom said that she and Dad pictured the stereotypical 50th anniversary couple as her with a big orchid corsage and him with his best suit and tie.  I wish I had the picture of my great-grandparents at one of their milestone anniversaries, either 50th or 60th (or 75th?).  They totally looked like that.  But my parents look at least 20 years younger than their stated ages, and heaven knows my sisters and I don't feel like we're as old as we are, given when we appeared in the timeline of Mom and Dad's marriage. 

Mom and Dad love and support each other.  They're each other's greatest fans, which has always been a great example to me.  Who knows, maybe they'll go on for fifty more years?

And if you've read my Facebook post, you will already know that Rowdy came running with me this afternoon.  It's the first time he's run in at least seven months.  He kept it up for two miles, which is awesome for being pretty-much on bedrest for the last six months.  For at least the next month, we will be able to run together.  After that, I won't be able to keep up.

I am being cautiously optimistic overall, since he still has a healing wound on his abdomen.  We've been let down before with mystery infections and things. 

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Well, I'm going to get my hopes up! You go Rowdy!

Katie Hilton said...

50 years!!! I'd never believe it!! Please tell them congratulations for me. They're such loving, lovely people.

Katie Hilton said...

OOps Diane, that last comment is from Cindy...didn't know I'm on Katie's account.

Laurie said...

I did read this on FB but have to again reiterate how awesome it is. In my healthiest state I'd be lucky to complete a lap...

Also, hope I can say 50 years someday. Something we sadly rarely hear anymore. Congrats to your parents!!!

My Rad Life!