Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixed Emotions

It rained last night and earlier today.  It rained so hard there were waterfalls down the hill from our neighbors' house into the storm drain in front of our home, and waterfalls down the hill a block away from us.  It rained and it hailed for a brief period of time.


This totally scratched plans for the Baxter/Bricco mini triathlon, in which Amber and I would swim at a local gym, run three miles and then bike 10.  Alternatively, I planned to go to the gym at 7 am and take a spin class, then run on the treadmill, then go for a swim.  But at 6:20 am, it was much more appealing to stay in bed with R.

My plans to get up and run or swim or bike in the morning are always thwarted by my wanting to be with the rejuvenated Rowdstar.  We have gone for short runs together some afternoons, but I do need to stop giving myself excuses and pry myself out of the house to get some exercise.

I did get a lot accomplished today, even though I just did a quick workout with weights.  The box of costume jewelry that I bought last October for our Russian girls was finally mailed off.  The tax materials are at the accountant's.  There are now some groceries in the fridge and pantry.  Scootie is insured and a bit of house insurance paperwork was dealt with.  R and I went to movies and to lunch.  I am almost-completely packed for my trip to Vancouver tomorrow.

About the trip--my younger sister and I are headed north to Vancouver and Whistler to check out the sights and get some snowboarding instruction and practice time.  I know it will be fun.  My sisters are always fun to travel with, and I've never been to Vancouver.  It looks beautiful in pictures, and Whistler is purported to have the best skiing/boarding in the winter and mountain biking in the summer in the whole world.

But I am sad to leave my sweetie and our boy for a week and a half.  Now that Rowdy is feeling a ton better, he's back to his old, fun self.  He's competing in a Brazilian jiujitsu tournament this Saturday.  Not just any old tournament, but the Pan Ams.  Of course, I am an unlucky charm for him at tournaments, so I would have to stay away anyway.  Still, I will have to keep extra-busy while away for the time to go quickly.  Lots of time on the slopes and spa, I'm thinking.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

good work on a productive day. have a fabulous trip, it sounds delightful. can't wait for the full report!

Rowdy said...

no worries dear!! i'm totally healthy and your vacation will be a blast and much needed get-away!!

i love you and take lots of pics!!

My Rad Life!