Saturday, August 28, 2010

Join Me In the Fight Against Crohn's and Colitis

Dear Readers,

You have no doubt learned over the course of your perusal of my blog that my sweet husband, Rowdy, has an insidious inflammatory bowel disease called Crohn's.  What you may not know is that one of my oldest friends, super-mom of seven Jenny Schow, also has Crohn's.  And what I may not know is that you or someone you love has it. Crohn's also has a mean sibling named Ulcerative Colitis.  Rowdy's biological dad, Larry, was the lucky winner of that lottery.  UC is just as nasty as Crohn's.

You may also have divined that I really, really hate Crohn's and wish that it could be eradicated from the face of the earth.  One of the things that pisses me off about that rotten disease is that I can't fix it.  I have no control over Rowdy's flares and I can't heal him.  But I found something that might just one day lead to much-improved treatments.  I am running the Las Vegas Rock-and-Roll Half Marathon on December 5th with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation's Team Challenge.  As part of this endeavor, I have made a goal to raise $4,400 towards research into cures and treatments, as well as support systems for sufferers of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, which is the catch-all term for Crohn's and Colitis.

I realize that this is a lofty goal, especially in these economic times and with so many other wonderful organizations and causes to which you can donate your time and energy, but every little bit helps.  Your employer might even have a gift-matching program, so that your charitable dollars are doubled.

So, do it for Rowdstar...



or Supermom Jenny...

or Larry...


or someone else that you love, like,or just are acquainted with,  or just because 1.4 million Americans suffer from IBD.  Click on the hyperlink above, or you can click on the link in the upper left-hand corner of the blog.

Thank you!

Tenacious D

No comments:

My Rad Life!