Saturday, August 7, 2010

American Ninja Warrior Expo 2010

A handy placard to indicate the terminus of the queue.


Rowdy signed up to run the "mini" course.  I missed seeing him run it, because I was in line to get autographs from Ninja Warrior (Satsuke) All-Stars



 
 






While I was in line, I was interviewed by a Japanese television network.  They asked me who my favorite Ninja Warrior was and why.  I said, "Makoto Nagano, because he is humble, strong, a good competitor, he always is able to conquer the course and he is supportive of his fellow competitors."




This is Brian Orozco, one of the American Ninja Warriors, sporting an ironic handlebar mustache.  He was super-nice and signed my shirt.  Another American Ninja Warrior, Levi Meeuwenberg, also was signed my shirt and was also super-nice.  He asked me if I was going to run the course today.  Ummm...naaahhhhh.
For those of you who don't follow Ninja Warrior, Makoto Nagano is the guy in the center.  He is the first person to conquer Mt. Midoriama.  His day job is being the captain of a fishing boat.  Each of these guys was so gracious, shaking hands with each and every one of the people who came through the line for their autograph.
And here is my signed shirt!
We followed it up with French-dipped sandwiches at Philippe's.  They were delicious, but the LA traffic is enough to drive a person insane!  It took us an hour to go the 15 miles from Venice to Downtown LA.

4 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

You'd make an awesome ninja!

Steph said...

SO much on which I have to catch up!!!
You two always do the coolest things!!!

Kari Song said...

You guys are rad. Sounds like a super awesome day. anything that involves ninja warrior and phillipes is epic in my book. glad you had a great day! (bummer about the traffic-it's the worst!!)

Deenwie said...

I can't believe it - my sister right behind the great Nagano!!! I love him! Everything you said about him was right!

My Rad Life!