Friday, April 23, 2010

The Looooove Booaaat!

We are leaving today on our very first cruise. R, K, M and I are sailing from Long Beach to Ensenada, Mexico and back. Just a little three-dayer, something to get out of town and get our feet wet (so-to-speak). J has AP exams next week, so she opted to stay home and study. She will do well, I'm sure. She's worked SO HARD this year.

Our friends, Claire and Loren, took the same cruise a couple of weeks ago. Claire described it as "fun, but kind of like being in an off-strip Vegas hotel". I think it will be fun, and just so nice to be out of town and not somewhere where we have to work at anything.

I've packed four dresses, two pairs of shorts, three tops, four pairs of shoes, two pairs of running shorts and tops and six swimsuits. I wanted to be prepared. And I also have a scopolamine patch behind my ear. I'm so prone to seasickness, I even puke when I'm surfing or snorkeling.

Yesterday, I checked the work schedule to see what I was coming back to on Tuesday and was delighted to find that I have Tuesday off, also! Yay! A day to recover, go to classes at the gym during the day and maybe go to the movies with my sweetie in the middle of the day. Heaven!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

Molly said...

Hope you guys have a blast! But seriously, the next time one of your kids backs out, I could totally step in! I am told that J and I look alike sometimes!:>

Michele said...

Have a wonderful time!! Vacations are the best. Disfruten mucho en su viaje!

Lezlie said...

Hope it is/was great!

The Silly Witch said...

Awesome! I agree with your friend's assessment, but cruises take really good care of their passengers. You'll have a fine time.

Laurie said...

Boy, you are so good about blogging. I really need to take an evening to catch up. The dune buggy trip looks super fun! We are new to cruising (did our first a couple years ago and returned this past Feb). We don't see ourselves as the cruising type but Disney has us sold. No matter what you do or where you go, nothing beats vacations with the fam!!!

My Rad Life!