Monday, April 26, 2010

Every Morning, Every Evening, Ain't We Got Fun?

People of a certain vintage may remember Kathie Gifford singing that song on Carnival Cruise Line commercials. Unfortunately, I couldn't download it from YouTube. But here's another one:



Our little three-day cruise went well. I still prefer land trips to cruises, but there were several pluses to this experience.

It was one of the first trips in a long time where I could just relax--I didn't have to be anywhere at a particular time, or have people that needed to be visited or several people's itineraries or agendas to be satisfied. The boys spent most of the time with their peers at the 15-17 year old club. They got along and had a great time. R and I had lots of excellent couple's-time. As a family, we did a dune buggy tour, which was a total, muddy blast.

I ran on the treadmill in the ship's gym, which was a strange experience. Now we're home, and occasionally it still feels like the floor is moving. I hear that is typical.

Our next trip will be up to Utah to see our girl graduate from high school. Later in the summer, we are planning on a trip with the head of the Tilsit Orphan Education Fund to Poland and Russia. There's so much to do before then--saving money, spending that money, applying for visas for the kids, and practicing Russian.

3 comments:

Molly said...

So glad you had a great time!

Cindy said...

Love your updates...!

Cindy said...

Love your updates!

My Rad Life!