Friday, February 12, 2010

It Doesn't Help That I've Only Had 2 Hours of Sleep

I am so annoyed. I just bought a new laptop to replace my six-year-old computer with a dead video card (third time around, $400/repair). Now I find that I cannot access my work intranet from home anymore because it will not work with Windows 8. They don't have any way to work around it because, as the Physicians' Help Desk person told me, "They're working on a new system that will be out in a few months. In the meantime, you'll just have to find an older computer to log into, or just wait until you get to work." Uh, didn't I just tell you lady that my OLD computer was broken?

So much for "Keep(ing) Calm and Carry(ing) On".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i need to invent a way to physically punish the stupidity over the phone of help center employees.

i would be rich!!

My Rad Life!