Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Good and the Not-So-Good

I started to write a detailed post about last week, but there's just too much to talk about. There have definitely been far-worse weeks in my life, but this one was not fun.

R had a major Crohn's flare and ended up in the hospital for six days. I juggled that, being on call with cases to do and having both K and the visiting-for-the-weekend Max to entertain.

There were many blessings that made things come together and turn some pretty bad situations into positives. The boys were wonderful--getting along with each other, being very sweet and easygoing with me, and enjoying Supercross even though it was raining cats and dogs. Procedures went smoothly and were well-timed in ways that could only have happened with help from above. Friends were willing and able to help out, especially with visiting Rowdy and helpiing him deal with the boredom of having to wait things out until the inflammation subsided enough to relieve his bowel obstruction. Rowdy and I were able to confront some issues that needed to be dealt with.

The final discharge instruction from the hospitalist taking care of Rowdy was, "Don't do any karate for a few weeks". R and I both said, "Oh, don't worry. No karate." So of course, Rowdy went to jiujitsu that evening with his hospital wristband on and rolled for two hours.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, just read this. I'm glad he's out of the hospital and feeling well enough to "exercise." So much for doctor's orders!

Laurie said...

well, I guess he's following your advice, keep calm and carry on! love that quote... :)

My Rad Life!