Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wheels in Motion

R got an exciting email yesterday--he's been granted an interview for the U of U PA program!! I'm so excited for him. He'll knock their socks off.

I have started applying for jobs in Salt Lake. Whew! It's kind of scary to go from somewhere I'm very happy to the unknown. We just feel like it's so important to be a short drive from the kids at this point in their lives that it's worth facing some professional uncertainty for a little while.

We're going to keep our house here and just rent in Salt Lake. I know there are some amazing rental deals on very nice, newer homes in the south end of the Valley, but it will be easier on R if we live close to the U. If any of you know of a suitable home that will be available sometime around March or April for rent, please let us know.

R's in SLC this weekend to ordain K, who just turned 16. I love that K's worthy and willing to be advanced in the Priesthood. He and his dad went to jiujitsu today. He's definitely planning on keeping up with that when we move and R can go with him every time. And he's finally putting the effort into his schoolwork and getting the kinds of grades we all knew he was capable of.

Our 14 yo decided that the fun thing he wanted to do when he next visited us was go skydiving. Now, most moms would just freak out at that, but I'm actually quite proud of him for wanting to do something so adventurous. I know that his dad won't let anything bad happen to him, and it's a big self-esteem booster to take a chance and do something well-out of your comfort zone. M also bought an Italian Book of Mormon while they were picking up some Primary stuff for me at the Distribution Center. That's also pretty gutsy, since he doesn't currently speak Italian beyond, "Il conto, per favore." I think it shows faith that someday he'll be given the opportunity to use that Book of Mormon to share the gospel.

The girl has shown up all four of her parents by racking up the highest ACT score in the family. Way to go, J!

Finally...how 'bout them Chargers?

6 comments:

Amberly said...

congrats to mr. bricco!! I think the changes you're all facing are super exciting, I hope all goes smoothly... keep us posted!

Ben said...

We live very close to the U. I'll keep my eyes out for a place. Lots of rentals these days.

Rowdy said...

one is only strengthened through adversity

Janette Rallison said...

Have you thought of talking to Dan? He does real estate in Utah. Just think--you could be in my parents ward. (You would probably think that was weird but I bet they would love it.) I'll be up in Utah from the 8-14. Anjie is getting married to Chris on the 10th so the whole family will be there.

tenacious d said...

Yay for Anjie! Give her a hug from me.

It would be weird beyond belief to live in R and K's ward, but it could happen.

I'll give Dan a buzz when the time gets closer.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Alot happening for you two! Yes, I selfishly want you close to me...We have a couple of homes for rent in our neighborhood. I'll put a bug in James' ear. He'd know the neighborhoods near the U. LOVE YOU!

My Rad Life!