Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking Forward



Rowdy and I had pizza today at Pizza Port in Solana Beach. So many things about that caused great wistfulness in both of us about leaving here. We had to play the "What about moving to Salt Lake will be good or fun?" game.

Here's what we came up with (in no particular order except for #1):

1. Being able to see J, K and M much more often.
2. Having the opportunity to be closer to extended family members, both on the Dahlstrom/Bright and Bricco sides, as well as still being somewhere that will bring my parents and sisters to visit.
3. Being near so many of my dear friends.
4. BYU football. (Okay, and the U, too. Whatevs.)
5. Cultural events, including being able to see the Babidges in performance.
6. Outdoor activities, like snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, and climbing.
7. World SuperBike Championships and Miller Motorsports park being so close for Rowd.
8. Rowdy going to school and all of the fun and exciting things that go with that.
9. Hopefully a lateral pay move for me, but a lower cost of living than SD.
10. New and different work experiences for me.
11. Having a shopping accomplice in Lezlie. (Sorry Ter!)
12. Using the decorating principles we learned from Christine in setting up the new house.
13. "Training" at altitude.
14. Four seasons.
15. Going to Conference in person. Can you believe that in eight years of living there, I never went to Conference? I'd like to do that just once. Being able to watch it at home in my jammies, eating cheese toast and drinking apple juice is really the best way, though.

Yeah, still working on the list. Feel free to give your suggestions!

10 comments:

Amberly said...

I think it's great you're looking at the positives regarding this move. I'm excited for you, for the new start and change!

tenacious d said...

There are a lot of positives that will reveal themselves as time goes on. I think it's going to make a very positive impact on our family.

The Silly Witch said...

I'm really excited for you. I think this will be so nice for the kids. And I can't wait to hear about this chapter of your life through your blog!

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Cafe Rio, that's all that needs to be said.

Julie said...

The McAdams, of course.

tenacious d said...

Here's another one--having different wardrobes for different seasons, instead of wearing the same stuff all year round because it's the same temp all year round.

Tory said...

No humidity.

tenacious d said...

Humidity doesn't bother me. My skin always looks like crap in SL.

Steph said...

Uh, all the snowboard competitions and events! Park City is KING of those! You'll love 'em.

Molly said...

Target! Oh wait, that's everywhere! Everywhere except Klamath Falls! Olive Garden, Oh, wait, you have that too. Ummm, Klamath stinks! Just kidding, I guess you grow wherever you are planted. I am excited because we will get to see you guys way more.

My Rad Life!