Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year



We spent a pleasant Christmas with Rowdy's parents. I had to work the day after Christmas, and they had the chance to fly here for free, so it all worked out. Part of our Christmas Day was spent walking on the beach. It rained a bit, and it was a little chilly, but we didn't care.

My favorite present is a tie between a lovely Kate Spade purse from Rowdy and a satellite radio set-up from my sisters. Both will be in use for a long, long time. We also gave ourselves Sonicare toothbrushes. The first couple of times we used them were pure comedy. It tickles, and it made me slobber. Our teeth are much cleaner, though.

As nice as my presents were, they could never beat what the Silly Witch and Warlock got for Christmas--a lovely new baby daughter! Congratulations!

There definitely needs to be more "serving others" in my Christmases, but I'll just have to work on that all year round.


Johnny the Carpenter comes tomorrow to start on our new shelves, and Adam the Painter is coming to finalize the painting schedule. We will have a lovelier home in just a few weeks. Hopefully, we'll be able to enjoy it for a little while before we have to rent it out.

2009 is going to be a year full of changes. I feel like I'm standing on the high dive. I'm scared to death, but I know that once I start running to the end of the board, things will be okay. I just have to remember to keep my feet under me and not belly-flop, and everything will be okay. It's just getting up the courage to start running....

4 comments:

Darrell said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead...

love the Babidges

Rowdy said...

i can push you if you want...

Laurie said...

I love that photo!!! You'll have to update me on what's going on with you. A move? Perhaps I need to be better about keeping up on your blog.

Steph said...

wow....I don't envy your place right now, about to jump. But I do admire your strength and faith. And I'm excited for you to get through the trials so you can have those feelings of accomplishment and renewed faith ;)

My Rad Life!