Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shake-n-Bake



I was sitting at my desk at work today, thinking about packing up and going home, when suddenly, the floor started to wobble. And then my chair wobbled. And my computer monitor wobbled. It stopped several seconds later, then there was a smallish aftershock.

Knowing the kids were at home without an adult, I called to see how they were.

Max: Hello?
Me: Hi, Max! Did you guys just feel that earthquake?
Max: Nooooo...there was an earthquake? When?

It was a 5.4 earthquake, but not one photo had fallen from the wall, nor had any books fallen out of the bookcases.

The kids were making some home movies--Jaws 5, The Two Burritos, a James Bond installment, a remake of Little Shop of Horrors, and Robin in the Hood. When we put it on youtube, I'll post a link. They're pretty hilarious and clever, especially Jaws 5.

Also today, I introduced Jordan to the joys of the Nordstrom personal shopper. We got her some darling things for school, and I bought something to wear to the upcoming wedding of our friends Marlo and Ty.

Which brings me to the "bake" part--"steamed" is more apt. Can't anyone make modest but attractive cocktail-type dresses? The other thing that I'm burned up about is my stupid laptop. I'm getting ready to take it into the repair shop for the third time in two weeks. It lasted all of thirty minutes after I picked it up today. Dadgumit!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

oooh, I want the benefits of a nordstrom personal shopper! lucky lady! I've never been in an earthquake, at least that I know of. I think it's cool that you felt the rumble!

Jen said...

I was so disappointed when everyone here at work felt the quake but me. I guess Jeff really felt it at work too being on the 19th floor and all.

As for the laptop, I'm sorry. Technology is a love/hate relationship for me.

tenacious d said...

The personal shopper is easy to acquire. Just call up your local Nordy and schedule an appointment. You'll have a 20-minute chat about your size, personal style and what you're looking for. A few days later, you'll have a dressing room-full of clothes to try on. You don't pay a fee for the shopper, and you really don't have to buy anything from them. I love it, though, because I'm terrible at picking out things, especially for special events.

Molly said...

Shoot, I want a personal shopper too! Oh well, for now I will have to settle for asking the lady wearing the flourescent orange unisuit next to me what to get at Ross! I bet the kids are having a blast. Can't wait to see those videos!

My Rad Life!