Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fun Friday Night

We were invited to a barbecue last night at the Ocean Beach home of Brian and Nicole. How Brian reached male adulthood without knowing how to grill is a mystery, but his first effort turned out very well. I met a fellow IR, and was once-again reminded that I don't eat, sleep and breathe my career. I like it and all, but there's more to life than reading journals.

The was followed by a bonfire at Fiesta Island with Tyler, Christy, Jen, Jeff, Andy and Tracy (and Jerome the Pug). Tyler and Christy needed to get rid of their old bedroom suite. Who knew pressboard could burn so brightly? It was so fun to sit with everyone and talk about whatever.

4 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

My fun Friday night consisted of buying a vaccum with my husband, which was only slightly less fun than what we did Thursday night, which was buy new couches. Recession? What recession?

ps--I also commented on your orphans blog.

Jen said...

Not only did it burn brightly but also very hot.

esmith2112 said...

Yes,the reason why the pressboard was burning so bright is, well, you don't want to know!!! Let's just hope you weren't sitting downwind and you will live many more years than if you had been sitting upwind! LOL

Love the new blog design-scheme!
xoxo

Molly said...

Sounds like you guys are always having a party! Love you guys.

My Rad Life!