Thursday, March 8, 2007

I really should be working...

One of the nice things about blogs is the way they can pseudoreconnect you with far-away or long-lost friends. It started with Amberly, and through her blog I found Maren's blog. And through Maren, I found Darrell's blog. This blogging thing is pretty cool after all!

Looking at my friends' blogs, I feel a keen sense of inadequacy. How did they get their pictures to look like that? How did Darrell add in those news clippings? Why don't I have better fonts? I really need to be a better writer. Dang. Oh well. It's a learning process.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Hey, the point is keep a record of our thoughts, not make it fancy-smancy! I love reading what's going on in your head! The best thing about blogging it you cut right through the pleasant chatter and get down to who a person really is. I'm totally enjoying it so far!

karen said...

Believe me, I feel the same way sometimes. As a (supposedly) professional writer, I'm tempted to rewrite my posts all the time. But as Amberly said, that's not really the point. We don't read your blog to critique your work. We read to find out what's going on with you.
And you, my dear sister, ROCK THE HOUSE.

The Silly Witch said...

I'm with you on that! I feel inadequate. Like why don't I surf and rock climb and go on big adventures. But I feel a touch of vanity, too. I love reading my own blog! I love the people that are involved in my life.

My Rad Life!