Monday, February 13, 2012

Someone's World is Going to Change Tomorrow

Sometime tomorrow, three men (I think that's the way it goes) will be sitting in an office in Salt Lake City.  A picture will flash on the screen of a charming, brown-haired young man with dimples.  They will decide where he will serve the Lord for the next two years of his life. 

Sometime later this week, an envelope will arrive in a mailbox in San Diego.  Two sets of parents, some grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and friends will cheer and (in the case of at least one step-parent) cry when the dimpled young man announces his destination.

Some weeks after that, I will say goodbye to my dear boy as his dad takes him up to the MTC.  I hate goodbyes, but I am so excited for him.  The world will open up to him.  He will be strong and true and do much good for the people he serves.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Amberly said...

so so so exciting!

Tory said...

I had a dream earlier this week about his mission call. I had no idea we would know so soon!!!!

Rowdy said...

should be a fun day when that letter comes!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Yay yay! He will do great!!! I am excited for him.

My Rad Life!