Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inanities

Before I totally leave the subject of weddings behind, I have two things to say:

The first is that whenever I hear something about the Crystal Harris/Hugh Hefner impending nuptials, I think about this clip from Christopher Guest's "Best In Show":


Crystal and Hugh talk and not talk for-ev-er, and still finding things to not talk about.

And then there was the news this week that Marie Osmond remarried her first husband, Steve Craig.  I do not know either of these people personally, but Marie strikes me as kind of a nutjob.  Who wouldn't be if they had to live her life?  But I think that she's a harmless nutjob and deserves every happiness.  How sweet is it that that she and her first love (I assume he was her first love) got back together, so many years after their divorce?



I remember when I was a freshman at the Y, and Jeffrey R.  Holland was the president of the university.  He gave a talk in which he mentioned that he and his wife had gone to the movies, but arrived late and couldn't find seats together.  They could hear people whispering, "Oh, that is too bad!  They're not going to be able to sit together!"  Then he looked around and saw that people were not whispering sympathetically about him and Sis. Holland, but about Steve and Marie, who were on a date.  Months later, when Steve and Marie announced their engagement, Pres. Holland gave another talk in which he said that he felt like he had a hand in pushing that relationship along by "outing" them in the earlier talk.  I wonder if he called them up on the occasion of their remarriage?

1 comment:

Lezlie said...

Now that's funny@

My Rad Life!