Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a New Year!



I must admit that I feel a little bit like this--a little upside down, a little bit like I'm down a rabbit hole. But things will work themselves out.

We didn't do anything on New Year's Eve. Well, R and I didn't do anything. K went to the multi-stake dance. On NYD, we went on an easy bike ride around Lake Hodges, watched the Rose Bowl, window-shopped for cars, went to a Korean chicken restaurant, then saw Fantastic Mr. Fox.

On Saturday, we drove out to the desert, specifically Anza-Borrego, which is northeast of SD. We hiked up to the Wind Caves formation, which was really neat.


We were walking along a side canyon in Sandstone Canyon, and both K and R said, "Oooh! It smells like water!" I said, "I think it smells like pee." R started to joke about how there was a cougar in there, marking its territory. At just about that moment, he looked down and saw a big wet spot in the ground, with a slightly-smudged pug mark in it. Needless to say, we quickly walked back to the car.

2 comments:

Rowdy said...

true story! true pics!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Ooohhh I like it sounds fun! I need to go there!

My Rad Life!