Wednesday, July 29, 2009

You rotten kids! Get off my lawn!!

Today has been my "crotchety old lady day".

Step one: a rant about how ridiculous I think it is that the wards in our stake have to do all of the serving for the big LDS YSA conference in a week and a half. I mean, these people can't put away their own chairs after church, or serve their own dang meals? Puh-leeze! Kids today! We're treating them like teenagers, so they're going to keep acting like teenagers.

Step two: I narc-ed on one of my children's bad language in a FB comment. You know, if you can't figure out how to set up privacy settings, then don't be surprised if your parents (birth or step) go checking up on what your friends may be looking like or saying and what you're saying to them. And if you're going to write swear words, you might as well spell them correctly. Sheesh!

Step three: Driving back to work after lunch, three skate punks decided that it would be really neato to ride all the way down Zion Avenue in the middle of the westbound lane. When I pulled up behind one, he looked at me like, "What?!" and then he pulled into the middle turning lane, between the two lanes of oncoming traffic. So did his two buddies further down the road. What the? Really now! I'm surprised that more people didn't shout at them and shake their fists in anger.

Stupid kids! Get off my lawn!

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Our singles do the work...we just have to show up and sometimes write a check. They are big kids now and have more time and energy than us old fogeys.

The Silly Witch said...

Oh yeah, SO crotchety. I hate doing work for people that they can do for themselves and I hate watching people do stupid stuff. And I've hated it since I was thirteen. And I think it's hilarious that you got on your kids for misspelling swear words. You crack me up.

Rowdy said...

And turn down that rock and roll music! And pull up your pants. And get a hair cut. Life isn't all about fun!

Steph said...

I can NOT believe the YSA!

And I've seen those skateboarder types in SD. I couldn't believe their blatant, in-your-face, what-er-ya-gonna-do-about-it attitudes! Please tell me you DID wave your fist and yell! I didn't have the balls back then. I think I would now.

And good for you for step 2. I would have done the same. Inappropriate for them to be doing it and if they're gonna put it out there, expect some repercussions!!!

Way to go! On all levels, Di! And I love YOUR new background :)

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

I'm laughing so hard! I love that you did all that:) Good job, just wait until you're an old lady,

My Rad Life!