Friday, June 5, 2009

World Superbike Races May 29-31


We went to the World Superbike races this last weekend out at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele. Rowdy, the kids and his mom went on Friday, then Lezlie and Terry went on Saturday. I have to admit that we were bad parents and took our kids to the races on Sunday. :(

But it was a lot of fun! You may notice my new header photo. It's me on a Valentino Rossi bike. I have a hard time believing that he actually has ever ridden that particular bike, but it was sooooo fun to get to perch on it for a little bit.

I'm kind of new to this mothering thing, so I learn new things all of the time. For instance, I learned that teenaged sons do not want to have their stepmom (or any mom) take their picture with umbrella girls. You know, the overly-made-up, underdressed chicks that hold the umbrellas for the racers or "model" for the manufacturers. The boys (especially one of our boys) like looking at them, but a picture? No way. This should've been a no-brainer for me. But, you know, I'm kind of a dork.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I guess some things just depend on the teenager. I was shocked at the things The Warlock's brothers would do. I'm sure they would have LOVED to have their pictures taken with the umbrella girls. Anyway, there's no way you could be a dork. No way.

Dayna said...

That is one good-looking family!

Steph said...

HAHA! It's so fun having boys that age! They're so fun to mess with! ...well, I guess that's more from a sister's perspective. Now that I'm saying this, I don't want boys that age (wahahahaha! :'( ) Porter will have to stay 2!

My Rad Life!