Friday, June 5, 2009

Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies

I can't tell you how delicious these cookies are and not give you the recipe:

2 c sifted flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t soda
2 t baking powder
3 T cocoa
1/2 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c sour cream
1 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly. Add dry ingredients with sour cream, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. When cool, you may frost them with vanilla frosting. (Frosting is important, in my opinion.)

5 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

And bless your tender heart for posting it! :-)

tenacious d said...

I need to make some now. But with Rowdy not liking chocolate, I can't have all of those cookies just sitting there in the pantry. Good thing they freeze well. :D

Dayna said...

I can attest that these cookies are to die for. They are lovely on their own, but I agree with Diane that they really deserve to have vanilla frosting on them - or dare I say...between them!

Steph said...

Good thing I don't have an oven in our hotel room! That is the last thing I need. My mouth is watering, though. Thanks for the recipe, will def. try out in the future.

Laurie said...

Yummy! I'm going to give these a shot. I have a banana bread recipe that has sour cream in it that is wonderful. Anything to add the calories... :)

My Rad Life!