Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's That Time of Year


We put up our outdoor Christmas lights on Sunday afternoon. We just can't bring ourselves to buy a tree just yet!

The hold music at work switched to holiday music the day after Thanksgiving. I have never heard such an ill-conceived medley of Christmas or quasi-holiday songs. During one long wait for someone, I heard a traditional arrangement of a carol, followed by something techno that maybe, if you listened carefully, had something to do with some kind of holiday. I've also heard Britney Spears followed by Mannheim Steamroller. It's nearly vomit-inducing.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm always disturbed by Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving, but even more so when it's still 75 degrees outside. I don't think I'll ever be used to SD in December.

The Silly Witch said...

I like Christmas music a lot. However, just because a song has the word "Christmas" in it or talks about snow, doesn't make it Christmas music. Someone needs to educate the FM radio personnel in this matter.

Tory said...

Nicely done on the lights! We can't ever seem to get around to putting up lights, or a tree, or decorating in general. Maybe this year will be the year!

My Rad Life!