Friday, May 9, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Jen Nikolas to dish about my sweetie. This is a good time to do it, his birthday being in May and all.

1. What is his name?

Rowdy Matt Bricco

2. How long have you been together?
About three years.

3. How long did you date?
Before we got engaged? Uh...about three and a half weeks. (The "half" makes it not look so bad.)

4. How old is he?
He'll be 36 on May 21st. He doesn't look it!

5. Who eats more?
Well, for a long time it was me, but I have cut back since going on Weight Watchers. It's probably him or a tie.

6. Who said 'I love you' first?
I think it was Rowdy. I honestly don't remember exactly when we said it or who said it first.

7. Who is taller?
Me.

8. Who is smarter?
We're equally intelligent, but in different areas. If you want to know just about anything to do with foreign policy, Rowdy's the guy to talk to. He keeps current on a wide variety of subjects.

9. Who does the laundry?
Rowdy has always been the laundry person. I help put things away, occasionally iron and occasionally run a load of clothes.

10. Who does the dishes?
Me. That's totally my job.

11. Who pays the bills?
Me. That's just the way we divided it up from the beginning, and it's worked fine.

12. Who mows the lawn?
Silvio.

13. Who cooks dinner?
Usually me. I like to cook. Rowdy has a specialty or two, but I'm getting as good as he is at making hamburger gravy.

14. Who drives when you are together?
Usually Rowdy. If he's tired or not feeling well, it's me. When I drive, the trip is definitely less-exciting.

15. Who sleeps on the RIGHT side of the bed?
If you're facing the end of the bed, Rowdy sleeps on the right. It's switched around as we have moved from place to place. Rowdy likes to sleep by the window, so he can protect us.

16. Who kissed who first?
It was totally, totally a mutual thing. We saw each other and boom! Smackaroonie!



17. Who asked who out first?
I don't know if it was ever an "asked out" kind of thing. I guess I would say it was Rowdy, though. Our first date was to a Thai restaurant in Hillcrest, I can say that much.

18. Who proposed first?


Rowdy! He actually proposed twice. He was planning on waiting, but the moment was right. I remember distinctly him saying to me, "For reals, will you marry me?" We both cried after I said yes. A couple of weeks later, he proposed more elaborately at the top of Mt. Diablo. He said something about from that vantage point, he felt like he could see the whole world spread out beneath him, but it meant nothing without me in his life. And then he got down on one knee in front of everyone and whipped out a box from Tiffany. This is just an example of how awesome Rowdy is--I never even hinted that I wanted a ring from Tiffany. He just knew that was the place to get an engagement ring.




19. Who has more siblings?
Rowdy, by a long shot. I have two sisters, and he has three sisters and two brothers. (Well, he grew up with two sisters and a brother, then discovered his half-sister and -brother in December.)

20. Who wears the pants in the family?
I would say Rowdy does. But maybe sometimes I tell him which pair to put on.

So I am now tagging Lizzie, Lynn, Jennalee, Stephanie O. and Desiree.

1 comment:

Jennalee :) said...

aaahhh, i loved the post. it's fun to get to know more about you and your hubby. you guys look and sound like a great couple! :)

My Rad Life!