Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's May! It's May!

...the time of year when everyone throws self-control away! (That's from Camelot.)

And there's another little rhyme about May that my dad told Rowdy. It's something about enjoying the outdoors, but this is a family blog....

My goals for the month are as follows:

1. Walk or ride my bike to work and walk to church as much as possible. When we first moved into this house, we walked the 1/2 mile to church every Sunday. Then I was called to teach Primary in a room with no air-conditioning. So I needed to drive in order to bring a fan and ice water for my class. Shortly thereafter, I became the Primary president, and there was always something I had to bring for something. I think I can work it out so that I don't have to bring an armload of stuff more than once a month.

2. Use only reusable bags at the grocery store. I know this is an achievable goal with proper planning.

3. Aprendo espanol! And maybe even learn how to put diacritical marks in my typing. It's not like I don't know any Spanish. I lived in New York for six years and San Diego for two and a half. I also had two years of Spanish in grade school (such as it was). It's easy for me to understand Spanish, but I am not good at stringing words together.

4. Buff up our food storage and savings. I'm a little bit distressed at the state of the world economy right now, and I want to be sure that we're truly prepared and living providently.

Rowdy and I are looking forward to taking a little trip at the end of the month. We're starting off in Salt Lake for a couple of days to see J, K and M and Rowdy's parents. We're driving from Salt Lake to Cheyenne to see Rowdy's sister Tory and his brother Jamie and their families for a couple of days, then it's off to see Mt. Rushmore. Neither of us have ever seen it, and we like taking road trips together. From Rapid City, we're flying to Austin to see my parents and my lovely big sis, Dayna. It will be a whirlwind, but lots of fun.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

You have totally motivated me! =0) I am going to join you on all goals, except the first one, I'll replace that one with carpooling with Scott, and replace Spanish w/ Czech. We have decided to start carpooling to work and it's a GREAT feeling to make a positive contribution in the world, as small as it may be! =0)

tenacious d said...

That's awesome that you're going to keep learning Czech! It will be your and Scott's "secret language".

Carpooling is a great idea. It's lucky you guys can do that.

My Rad Life!