Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Weapon of Mass Distraction



Rowdy discovered the website http://dangerouslyfun.com/. As you may imagine, it is not for everyone.

This is my very first time on stilts! It's much easier than I thought, but of course I was only 1.5 feet off of the ground. It will be tricker at 3'.

Another cool thing Rowdy made from a design on dangerouslyfun was a ping pong ball gun. Oh, the fun a boy can have with a cardboard tube, duct tape, an exacto knife, hairspray, a pingpong ball and a pietzo lighter. And how much more fun can a man have with PVC pipe, a flint for a lantern, hairspray and a pingpong ball?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i drilled the holes for 3' when i made the stilts. the foot rests get moved up tomorrow!!

Amberly said...

rowdy is stuck between being a perfect kid and a super fun grandpa! also, I think my pregnant body would appreciate the comfort your scrubs are offering... perhaps I should invest...

Anonymous said...

yes, i am poor at being a responsible regular adult.

tenacious d said...

Scrubs are comfy, but you lose a sense of your body size. Meaning, it's easy to gain weight and not notice until you try to put on regular clothes.

The Silly Witch said...

I LOVE hearing about the things you and Rowdy do. My dad was a responsible regular adult, yet did stuff like that (for his kids and grandkids) all the time. Every woman needs a little bit of that in her life!

One time, while camping, I asked my Dad to tend Stacy and Pippi while I went four-wheeling. When I came back and he had made the girls a teeter-totter out of a cooler and a big board he had in the back of his truck. And he had taught them a lovely rhyme, "Teeter totter, bread and water, wash your face in dirty water..."

tenacious d said...

SW, your dad and Rowdy would totally get along. Rowdy has encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and try new fun things that I've always wanted to do. He also knows how to do these crazy things safely, which gives me confidence.

My Rad Life!