Saturday, November 17, 2007

Getting Clobbered

You know how sometimes you find yourself going through a patch where it seems like you're just getting clobbered by life? I have felt like that the last few weeks. Someone told me once that those periods are usually indicative that you've reached a new level of experience and ability in your life, and it's sometimes painful.

One thing that has helped me through is this scripture from the Book of Mormon:

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

I have faith that these weakness that have been pointed out to me, sometimes rudely, will become strengths. It's sucky, though, to have to get beat up like this.

5 comments:

karen said...

Oddly enough, I appear to be going through a similar patch. Glad to know it's because I'm about to enter a period of growth -- not because I completely suck.

The Silly Witch said...

I think I know how you feel. I'm so grateful for the scriptures that give me the faith to press forward and the faith to know that the Lord knows just what I need to become what He needs me to be.

Julie said...

Sorry to hear that you're having a rough go of things right now. But, hey, you sure do see the glass as half-full. I need to keep your perspective in mind for my next "opportunity to grow". Keep your chin up!

Janette Rallison said...

Ohhhh. Sorry things are hard right now, but you have an amazing attitude. That's why you're my hero!

Amberly said...

you must be really ready for some growing! I hope you're getting through it ok and that you emerge having gained whatever Heavenly Father has in store for you.

My Rad Life!