Monday, November 6, 2017

Little Hospital in the Big Woods

The hospital I will be spending time in this month and next is in a teeny-tiny town at the foot of a mountain range.  It's set in a residential area that is tucked into the trees, and behind the hospital is a canyon.  In the canyon is a river, and I am told that you can hear the river rushing in the summer.

This very tiny hospital is so small that it smells sterile, like the OR.  And that is because the ORs take up most of the floor plan of the first level of the building.  The second (actually the lower) level has the medical unit, which currently is closed because there are not enough patients to fill it.

Benefits of a tiny hospital include ease in finding one's way around, learning most everyone's name pretty quickly, a general feeling of happiness and teamwork, having referring physicians drop by to discuss cases and (bonus!) free food for doctors in the teeny-tiny cafeteria.

I had such a great time today.  Finally, I'm back to being myself--really loving my job, feeling happy and comfortable.  And (bonus bonus!!) since it's RadTech week, one of the vendors brought in food for lunch--real Mexican food!  It was so good, like El Pollo Loco but better.  (Food means a lot to me!)

No comments:

My Rad Life!