Sunday, January 13, 2013

20 for 20



The San Diego Temple was dedicated 20 years ago.  In celebration of that milestone, our Stake Presidency suggested that we do something like attend the temple 20 times this year, or find 20 ancestors' names to take to the temple.  My thought was, "I think I've come to a dead end with family history work.  How in the world can I find 20 more names?"

So, I came home, opened Family Search and Ancestry, and started looking.  And praying.  Well, I prayed for help before I even got home from Stake Conference.  You have to know where to look when things seem like they're at a dead end.  Before I knew it, I had more than 20 names.  More. Than. 20. Names.  It took less than an hour.

So if you are doubting your ability to find your ancestors, don't.  They are there.  They are waiting.

1 comment:

cindy said...

That is SOOO awesome, Diane!!

My Rad Life!