Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wunderbar Wien

It is chilly and rainy in Vienna. We walked all over and saw the Christmas market at Belevdere, where we had hot white chocolate that was made by stirring chocolate bars into hot milk. I am normally pretty good at getting around cities, but Vienna confuses me.We became so turned around that we needed to take a taxi back to our hotel. The highlight of our trip has been the amazing Vienna Philharmonic concert this evening, with Ray Chen as guest violin soloist. Rowdy and I were moved to tears by the beauty of the experience. Tomorrow is Schonbrunn Palace and, with any luck, church and standing room tickets to the Opera. I am not going to wear pants to church tomorrow, but I support those women who choose to, whether as a statement or for other reasons. That is a subject of another post.

No comments:

My Rad Life!