Sunday, September 9, 2012

What is This "Let" Business?

"Rowdy's wife lets him have his guns out and practice dry firing in the TV room.  My wife won't let me do that!"
"She makes him think that he doesn't have to ask her permission."
"My husband will be so mad if he knew I bought that."

Ugggghhhh!  Rowdy and I both hate hearing comments like that!  This whole "my (spouse) won't let me" is so completely ridiculous.  Aren't you both grownups?  Isn't it supposed to be an equal partnership?

Saying that your partner will or will not give permission for you to do something makes them sound like a "mean mommy" or "stern father", not a wife or a husband, and it makes you sound like a five-year-old.  To me, there is something wrong with a relationship like that.

My husband and I are independent people who talk things over and support each other's decisions.  I think that's the way that marriage relationships were intended to be and the way our Heavenly Parents conduct their relationship.

And that's my opinion.  So there.

3 comments:

cindy said...

Amen!!

Rowdy said...

obviously i totally agree!

Amberly said...

I am very much with you on this one.

My Rad Life!