Saturday, September 15, 2012

48--Pretty Great!

Yup, that is my number.  I have a hard time believing it, until I remember things from the mid-60's, the 70's, 80's, 90's....  Ay yi yi.

The actual day was fun.  Even work was fun--I was asked to help out in the OR, which was a special treat.

Rowdy took me to a new-ish restaurant in Hillcrest, D Bar.  Here are the photos:
Rowdy's dessert insists on posting before everything else.  It's churros with chocolate dipping sauce and rum and coke ice cream.

Vanilla lemonade.  It tastes like a lemon cupcake.  I thought it was a little too sweet and desserty.
This was my dessert.  It also insists on being posted before the salad and entree.  It's a molten chocolate cake with pistachio ice cream.  Yummy!!

 
Dressed avocado.  I love avocados!  This was tasty, with a nice little salad on the side.





I had roasted halibut with a corn-bacon thing and asparagus.  The halibut was a little dry, but it was really good when I mixed it in with the corn.

Rowdy had macaroni and cheese with lobster.  He has waited to have that for two years.


3 comments:

Amberly said...

We were just talking about you this week. You look fantastic, I hope this is a wonderful year!

tenacious d said...

Thanks, Amberly!! I appreciate the words of support. It's amazing what a lot of exercise and a little Botox can do.

cindy said...

I'd like to be 48 again...BUT, glad your dinner was delightful and delicious.

My Rad Life!