Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Love Dance!

Going to a barre class taught by a real ballet teacher at a real dance school has made me nostalgic for the old days when my body was much better at arranging itself into the appropriate positions.  And I've been thinking about favorite dance performances I have witnessed. 

The New York City Ballet's Nutcracker--c'mon...the best Nutcraker anywhere.  The sets, the choreography, the costumes.  Love, love, love it.  No other company's Nutcracker comes close.

David Parsons in Caught--I saw this in Charleston at the Gailliard Auditorium when I was in med school.  MIND BLOWING!  Really, just amazing.  Here it is:



Jose Greco and Friends Flamenco company--Seen with my parents at the Capitol Theater in Austin, TX.  Oh.My.Goodness.  So, so, so incredible.


1 comment:

Rowdy said...

Breakin' didn't make the list??

ps-love the new look!

My Rad Life!