Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

Why the name and layout change?  Frankly, I was kind of bored with my blog.  I started it five years ago to keep Rowdy up to date on the old homestead while he was in Iraq.  Then it was to share with family and friends.  Then it was...just boring. 

I have no illusions about the marketability of a personal blog my life's goings on.  Still, it would be nice to have a more interesting blog.  Sigh. 

Last week, I started a second blog, The Feeling is Mutual, that will be a forum for my experiences with and ideas about being an LDS Young Women's leader.  I hope that it will stimulate my creative juices as far as blogwriting is concerned.  I also hope that people will comment with their insights and experiences.  My greatest fear is that I will not be able to articulate my thoughts well and come off as some kind of a nitwit.  Well, I am a nitwit in some ways, but I don't want to end up being that kind  of a nitwit.

So, we'll see how things go!  I appreciate the people who have already read my new blog and left comments.  Feel free to suggest discussion topics.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

ok, trying to get caught up and only have a few minutes today but first almost thought I was on the wrong blog. A change is right!!! Also, love that you are going to be blogging about being a yw leader as I just got put in our presidency here in this new ward... sigh... love the yw though and had to laugh about the post about "my wife won't let me". That cracks me up too but I am guilty of saying "Jack would kill me" or Jack saying "my wife would kill me" which probably is just as bad... :) want to still read more about your adventures in Europe. Hoping you posted more since the last time I checked... xo

My Rad Life!