Sunday, July 22, 2012

Halfway Through the Whole30

It's day 15.  Things are going fine.  Meals go well if I've planned ahead.  The thing that I just haven't gotten over is feeling kinda crummy and tired overall.  Supposedly, a person supposed to get a big burst of energy after all of the "toxins" from their prior diet are out of her body.  I think that the thing is, I usually eat pretty healthily.  My body didn't really go into shock when I switched over.

A friend said today, "I don't think I could do it.  I really like food."  I really like food, too, and I really like the things that I have been eating, which is helpful.



What do I eat?  Well, a typical day starts with a baked sweet potato.  I have been cooking up several at a time in the crockpot and keeping them in the fridge, reaheating them in the microwave in the morning.  Sometimes I put meat in it, or sauteed spinach, or bacon/onion/mushrooms.  They're quite good, and they stick with me during the morning.  Sometimes I make an omelet.



For lunch and snacks, I take a couple of handfuls of almonds to work, as well as some carrots or other vegetables.  Sometimes I have a salad with tuna on it.



Dinner is some kind of meat and some vegetables.  I've had ground bacon/beef hamburgers, buffalo, turkey, a porkchop, and salmon.  I've done a lot of grilling.  My favorite thing now is grilled asparagus, and I've also eaten a lot of avocados. 

My clothes do fit better, but the place I've lost the most weight appears to be my wrists.  My watches keep sliding down onto my hand.  Now if only I had the energy to really work out!

1 comment:

SD Fiddlers said...

Keep up the great work! I'm glad you posted this. I was just wondering what your breakfasts looked like. Thanks for answereing my unspoken question.

My Rad Life!